Our entire staff are trained to recognize the limitations of hearing impairment, to be aware of and responsive to the special needs of the elderly, to implement proper communication strategies in order to make communication as effortless and enjoyable as possible, and to be sensitive to the effects of hearing loss on everyday social, family and work environments.
Dr. John J. McNamara – Owner and Doctor of Audiology
• Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) A.T.Still University of Health Sciences, 2006
• MA Audiology SUNY Geneseo, 1983
• BS Speech Pathology SUNY Geneseo 1982
• Member ASHA, AAA, ADA, GVSLHA, NYSSLHA, IHS, HHLA (local and national)
Dr. Andrea M. Segmond – Doctor of Audiology
• Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) A.T.Still University of Health Sciences 2006
• MA Audiology SUNY Buffalo 1981
• BS Communicative Disorders and Sciences, SUNY Buffalo 1978
• Member ASHA, GVSLHA, NYSSLHA
Chris Cisterna – Licensed Audiologist / Hearing Aid Dispenser
• MS – Audiology, Ithaca College 1993
• BS – Speech Pathology, Ithaca College 1992
Steve Schmaltz ACA, BC-HIS – Hearing Instrument Specialist
• 2 years SUNY Brockport
• Member International Hearing Society
• Board Certified Hearing Instrument Specialist
Sandy Schmaltz – Office Manager, Gates Location
Sandy has a background in nursing and has been the office manager at Ontario Hearing Gates location since it opened in 2004. She assists her husband Steve in managing all aspects of the office. Contact Sandy to set up a free hearing consultation or to make an appointment to take care of your hearing needs.
Rachael Drojak – Office Manager, Brighton Location
Rachael graduated from St. John Fisher College in 2014 where she majored in Sociology and Human Services. She has worked as the Office Manager at the Monroe Avenue Office of Ontario Hearing Centers since August of 2014.